Skip to main contentCounty Home|ADA|Roads|News Releases|Organizational Chart|Index of Services|Volunteer Boards|About El Paso County|Contact Us
Header Banner


Manufactured (Mobile) Home Questions

How do I change the name on my manufactured (mobile) home title?

The Department of Motor Vehicles Office (located in the El Paso County Clerk and Recorder's Office) will require proof the ad valorem taxes are paid on the manufactured home.  You will need to request a tax certificate from the El Paso County Treasurer's Office.  There is a $10.00 fee for this form. 

What will I need in order to move my manufactured (mobile) home?

You will need to request a Tax Authentication form and moving permit.  There is a fee of $10.00 for both items.  All taxes must be current and you will need to pay additional fees/taxes if the home is leaving El Paso County or the State of Colorado.  Please contact our office for further information at (719) 520-7900.

My husband or wife passed away and I need to remove their name from my manufactured home title.  What do I do?

You will need to take a copy of the death certificate to the County Clerk Motor Vehicle office to have the name removed.  No Tax Authentication form is needed.

Can I request a mobile home authentication or a tax certificate by mail?

Yes and there is a $10.00 fee for either form.  You will need to provide specific information with your request, so please contact our office for further instructions at (719) 520-7900.